Spamassassin time outs

Mike Tremaine mgt at STELLARCORE.NET
Wed Jan 26 16:58:17 GMT 2005

Sorry for the top post. I just wanted to add something I noticed. With
Spamassassin 3+ on a machine that gets under heavy load [runs between
1.50 -> 9.00 50,000mails/day] it seems you need to take 1 extra step
which is to set

Rebuild Bayes Every = 0

And then do the force-expire cron.

Under spamassassin 2.64 this was set to 86400 and [with all the other
standard instructions from this list] it worked fine. But with SA3+ I
was still getting 40+ timeouts per day. [Yes: bayes_auto_expire 0 in
both spam.assassin.prefs.conf and local.cf]

mgt at irondoor ~ [1] rpm -q spamassassin
spamassassin-3.0.2-1
mgt at irondoor ~ [2] rpm -q mailscanner
mailscanner-4.35.9-1

Mike Tremaine
mgt at stellarcore.net
http://www.stellarcore.net