What BlackLists to use..

Koen Teugels kte at NEXIS.BE
Wed Jan 26 16:39:21 GMT 2005

I'm using thes in the sendmail configuration.
Is this to much?

Koen

FEATURE(`dnsbl', `relays.ordb.org', `"550 Email rejected due to sending
server misconfiguration - see
http://www.ordb.org/faq/\#why_rejected"')dnl
FEATURE(`dnsbl',`combined.njabl.org',`Message from $&{client_addr}
rejected - see http://njabl.org/lookup?$&{client_addr}')dnl
FEATURE(`dnsbl',`sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org', `Email categorized as SPAM and
blocked using Spamhaus SBL+XBL service - see
http://cbl.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip=$&{client_addr}&. submit=Lookup')dnl
define(`confBIND_OPTS', `WorkAroundBrokenAAAA')dnl
FEATURE(`enhdnsbl', `bl.spamcop.net', `"Spam blocked see:
http://spamcop.net/bl.shtml?"$&{client_addr}')dnl

Julian Field wrote:
      I use those 2 myself. I wouldn't recommend more than 2 or at
      most 3 spam
      lists defined there, or else things will start to slow down.

      You are better off leaving most of the RBL checking to
      SpamAssassin.

      Marcel Blenkers wrote:

            Hi there,

            currently i am using the following option:

            Spam List = ORDB-RBL SBL+XBL

            are there other Blacklists i could consider
            checking and which are free of
            charge?

            So..in fact..i am asking:

            are you using this option..and what do you
            inserted here? ;)

            Thanks in advance again

      --
      Julian Field

      PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415
      B654

      Before posting, read the MAQ
      (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/) and
      the archives
      (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).

      Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the
      website!