What BlackLists to use..

Dave Duffner - NWCWEB.com webalizer at NWCWEB.COM
Wed Jan 26 16:36:59 GMT 2005

Marcel,

        We've always found the best selections for Lists
at www.dnsstuff.com.  You check your own IP's there to
ensure you're not on the lists, but the long screen
report it produces has links to all the major lists.

        Those lists provide details on what needs to be
keyed into MS in long form in your spam.lists file, then
you can make the shorter versions for the MS.conf file.

        We've picked out about 6-7 without degrading
performance, we use the dnsstuff report to look for
those major & reliable blacklists that have a very
low response time in the far right column (usually 900ms
or less).  That way you've got the lowest chances of
timeouts and keep that system performance up at an
acceptable rate.

        HTH!

     David J. Duffner
     VP Operations