Problems with mail backing up

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Thu Jan 13 23:04:28 GMT 2005

Point your Spam Checks = directive to a ruleset:

FromTo:                 lazy_user at domain.com            no
FromTo:         other_lazy_user at domain.com      no
FromTo: default                                 yes

Are you running a local caching nameserver on the mailbox?

Mike

-----Original Message-----
Of george
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 4:55 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Problems with mail backing up

We have been having a problem with the MS incoming queue getting backed up
and slowing down delivery time substantially.  We also have many users who
do not want spam filtering.  Currently we are whitelisting these users, but
we were wondering if there is a way to keep emails for these users from even
going through MS in the first place.  We are hoping that bypassing MS for
these users will relieve the load thereby speeding up delivery time.  We are
using Postfix.

 Thanks for any suggestions or ideas that you may have.

 George Edwards
Connecting Point Computer Center
Internet Department
402.371.4530 x212