OT Taking care of mail errors and dnsreport.com

Billy Pumphrey billy at PLANETGEEK.BIZ
Thu Feb 3 19:44:10 GMT 2005

I did receive your email that you sent to postmaster at woodmaclaw.com.  I get
confused because of how our web site is being hosted.  It is being resaled
who knows how many times and I can barely find out the company that actually
host it.

Mail.woodmaclaw.com is only a A record that points to our IP address.  My
router then forwards the smtp traffic to the mailscanner.woodmaclaw.com <--
I did change the name to .com.  Mailscanner.woodmaclaw.com is a local
machine with a local IP address.  My exchange server name is
woodendc.woodmaclaw.local and of course is a local machine.  So
mail.woodmaclaw.com is not a machine.

The way that the web site is hosted makes me want to change it so that at
the least I have charge of the DNS, but yet again I could do without that
responsibility.  That machine called backup.mywebmailserver.com, I have no
clue what that machines function is other than to confuse me :).

In other words I don't really know the path of the email from the beginning.
You send me an email, goes to ns1.mydnsserver.com, ns1 says goto
68.74.55.130 (my ip address), and then the process starts from where we have
talked about.  So seems like maybe some of these errors from emails are
getting bounced or error "we do not relay" because of
backup.mywebmailserver.com?