Buy the book!

Craig Daters craig at WESTPRESS.COM
Thu Feb 3 19:40:04 GMT 2005

First of all, I want to say thank you Julian. I just received your book
today, and I am a happy camper. I had already printed out and coil bound
Steve Swaney's version 1.0.1 Admin Guide (btw, thank you Steve for your
work on that too.) But all of the updated info, and new info all in one
book is great, and well worth having.

I really liked the appendix too, definately got me to chuckling. Is that
reproducible? I have to give a presentation to my company regarding our
network, and how it works, and that would be great to include :)

I wanted to ask you though Julian, (and if you would prefer to contact
me off list, that would be fine.) My company is a commercial printshop
that prides itself on being leading edge. We are not the cheapest in our
industry, but we stand behind our services and we're not afraid to
explore new technologies. We are very immersed in digital printing, and
variable data printing (every piece of the press is different and
personalized.) We even went to Germany to buy a new traditional printing
press.

I would like to know more about how you are having your book printed.
Who you are using, how are you providing files to them, what types of
files--that sort of thing, and if they have explained their printing
process to you. We currently can duplicate/produce what I am looking at,
but I have to think that they maybe have a more streamlined method of
producing it.?

Is it okay to discuss this with you, or should I just be happy with the
book? :)

Kind regards,

Craig D.

--
Craig Daters (craig at westpress.com)
Systems Administrator

1663 West Grant Road
Tucson, Arizona 85705
(520) 624-4939
(520) 624-2715 fax

www.westpress.com

--
Please note: It is the policy of West Press that all e-mail
sent to and from any @westpress.com address may be recorded

This message has been scanned for UCE (spam), viruses,
and dangerous content, and is believed to be clean.