Log summaries

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Fri Dec 30 19:11:11 GMT 2005

Richard Thomas wrote:
> I'd like to put some brief summaries about our spam processing to our
> website for the benefit of our users (some of them seem to be under the
> impression that we're letting spam flood through). I know of vispan etc
> but they seem like they are overly complex. Does anyone have a brief
> primer or example code on how to process the logs to get such data? I'm
> looking for Emails/Spam/Viruses/Delivered particularly.
>
> Thanks

Do you want a text-form report, or would graphs work? If graphs work,
mailscanner-mrtg works VERY well for me.

http://mailscannermrtg.sourceforge.net/

You need snmpd working on the local machine for a few of the graphs (cpu,
memory, maybe disk usage) but if you don't need those graphs you don't need SNMPD.