MS gateway checking for valid users before delivery

Chris Hammond chris at TAC.ESI.NET
Thu Dec 29 02:14:35 GMT 2005

Add the following two lines to main.cf

relay_recipient_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/auth_recipients
show_user_unknown_table_name = no

Create the file /etc/postfix/auth_recipients and add the allowed addresses in the following format.

user at domain.com  OK

Then run postmap against the file.

postmap /etc/postfix/auth_recipients

I always do a "service MailScanner restart".  Don't know if it is necessary and a postfix reload would do the job but this covers all the bases.

Just make sure that everyone that should get mail is in the list or they will not get it.

Chris

On Wednesday 28 December 2005 06:44 pm, Erick Perez wrote:
> Hi, I've never implemented or read about how to setup the following
> config, so I wish some ideas can be given by the members of this list.
>
> in the past few days our microsoft exchange server is taking about 25k
> to 35k emails per day. All spam, destined in 80% of the cases to
> non- existent addresses in our company. So i think is a good time to
> give MS a try.
>
> I will use centos 4.2, MS, Postfix (or sendmail, but like postfix),
> MySQL,ClamAV and mailwatch to setup the antispam gateway (yes, we do
> not have spam protection blame the board of directors and the budget
> cuts).

Don't know how to do it with Postfix as the MTA but with Sendmail it's as easy
as installing milter- sender (commercial) or milter- ahead (free). They will
check the backend server defined through the mailertable.db file for valid
addresses -  if that backend server accepts the message, then sendmail will
and it'll go through your MailScanner processing, otherwise, Sendmail
(actually milter- ahead) will cause rejection of the messages. Works quite
well.

Chris

Support MailScanner development -  buy the book off the website!

believed to be clean.