Non-ending processes

Kai Schaetzl maillists at CONACTIVE.COM
Thu Dec 22 22:41:48 GMT 2005

Steve Campbell wrote on         Thu, 22 Dec 2005 11:56:02 -0500:

> I have waited for these processes to finish normally, but they never seem to
> complete.

This is not an MS problem. I speculate that you do not any or just a bit of
rejection at MTA level? It's quite common that spamming machines do not work
correctly and have all sorts of problems with starting up an SMTP connection.
If you are hit by this the best way to cope with it is to issue a killall
sendmail before you restart ms/sendmail. If you use strict measures who you
allow to send mail to you you can reduce this very much, although not to zero.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany