OT - Sendmail accept_unresolvable domains

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 9 17:30:43 GMT 2005

On 09/12/05, Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com> wrote:
> Can a few of you give me your preference/experience on the Sendmail feature
> accept_unresolvable_domains?
>
> Does it help? Do any of your users complain? I'm getting a lot of
> undeliverable bounces due to  unknown users and thought this might be a nice
> way of reducing them.
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve Campbell
> campbell at cnpapers.com
> Charleston Newspapers

Don't think so, sounds like it'd reject any sending host that lack an
A/MX record... And rather many do. So you'd likely shoot your own foot
with that one (IIRC there is no mandate that a sending host is
resolvable in the RFCs).

I hear milter-ahead is the wtg with sendmail, when wanting to reject
non-existing recipients.

--
-- Glenn