how to right ruleset for filename and filetype checking?

Kosta Lekas KLekas at FOXRIVER.COM
Wed Aug 3 14:27:20 IST 2005

I am wondering if it is possible to turn on Attachment Filename Checking
and impose it on all messages except for mail going to a specific
external recipient that my Exchange system journals to for compliance
purposes. How would I right this rule? Right now I have:

Filename Rules = %etc-dir%/filename.rules.conf

Filetype Rules = %etc-dir%/filetype.rules.conf

Would this be the correct way be like this:

***** /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf *****

Filename Rules = %rules-dir%filename.rules

Filetype Rules = %rules-dir%filetype.rules

******* /etc/MailScanner/rules/filename.rules ********

Set " Filename Rules = %etc-dir%/filename.rules.conf = ".

   To:    specificrecipient at somedomain.com           no

   FromOrTo:             default                                  yes

******* /etc/MailScanner/rules/filetype.rules ********

Set " Filename Rules = %etc-dir%/filetype.rules.conf = ".

   To:    specificrecipient at somedomain.com           no

   FromOrTo:             default                                  yes

Kosta Lekas

Fox River Financial Resources