F-Prot Install And Debian Issues? (Sarge)

David Thurman listonly at WEBPRESENCEGROUP.NET
Tue Sep 28 15:05:25 IST 2004

We just did the apt-get unstable of MailScanner and SA and grabbed the
F-Prot deb file from F-Prot, We are also using ClamAV, MS and SA as well as
Clam seem to be working just fine, though still tuning SA, I am not seeing
F-Prot running, or scanning with Clam, which we used to see on our other
mail server (which died a horrible death yesterday) and wondered if the
F-Prot install is in a different spot then what the Debian MailScanner
install thinks?

Here is the locate results on Debian

/usr/local/bin/f-prot
/usr/local/f-prot
<SNIP>
/usr/local/f-prot/f-prot
/usr/local/f-prot/f-prot.sh
<SNIP>
/usr/local/f-prot/tools
/usr/local/f-prot/tools/check-updates.pl

And here is the /etc/MailScanner/autoupdate/f-prot-autoupdate file

<SNIP>
$PackageDir = shift || "/usr/lib/f-prot";

####################################
#
# You can set your HTTP proxy server / web-cache here if you want to,
# otherwise you will have to set it in the environment or wget's
# startup file.
# If you don't want to specify it here, comment out the next line.
#
#$HttpProxy  = 'www-cache.soton.ac.uk:3128';
#$FtpProxy   = '';
#
####################################

$FProtRoot  = $PackageDir;

# N.B. TempDir DIRECTORY WILL BE CLEARED so
# you *really* don't want to share it with
# anything else.
$TempDir    = "/var/tmp/f-prot";
$DefDir     = "/var/lib/f-prot";
<SNIP>

Is the autoupdate and virus.scanners.conf showing the wrong paths?

f-prot          /etc/MailScanner/wrapper/f-prot-wrapper /usr/lib/f-prot
--
David Thurman
The Web Presence Group