FW: [Clamav-announce] announcing ClamAV 0.80rc3

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Tue Sep 28 14:54:13 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Hi,

   Just got that.  Is there a way we can implement this in MailScanner
to  avoid overloading the same server?

Dear ClamAV users,

This release candidate eliminates possible false positive alerts in
UPX/FSG compressed files and clarifies behaviour of default actions
in clamd and freshclam.

We encourage users to take advantage of our new mirror structure. In
order to download the database from the closest mirror you should configure
freshclam to use db.XY.clamav.net where XY is your country code (see
http://www.iana.org/cctld/cctld-whois.htm for the full list). Please add
the following lines to freshclam.conf:

     DNSDatabaseInfo current.cvd.clamav.net
     DatabaseMirror db.XY.clamav.net
     DatabaseMirror database.clamav.net

DNSDatabaseInfo enables database and software version verification
through DNS TXT records, and the second database mirror acts as a
fallback in
case a connection to the first mirror fails for some reason.

--
The ClamAV team (http://www.clamav.net/team.html)

--
Luca Gibelli (luca at clamav.net) - http://www.ClamAV.net - A GPL virus scanner
PGP Key Fingerprint: C782 121E 8C3A 90E3 7A87  D802 6277 8FF4 5EFC 5582