Mailscanner with postfix, seeing lots of 'hashed queue' errors in /var/log/maillog

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Fri Sep 17 21:02:33 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Greg Deputy wrote:

>I'm getting a lot of these sorts of error messages in /var/log/maillog.
>I'm running postfix with mailscanner, SA, razor, clamav.  Am I doing
>something wrong?  It is working, filtering email, but the errors below
>worry me:
>

>Sep 17 12:26:02 mx MailScanner[13756]: Messages found but no hashed
>queue directories. Please enable hashed queues for incoming and deferred
>with a depth of 1 or 2. See the Postfix documentation for
>hash_queue_names and hash_queue_depth

<Snipped>
You have a Razor.log file in /var/spool/postfix. Remove it and these
will go. Then search the archive for this error, it's been discussed
before. You will then find what you have to add to
spam.assassin.prefs.conf to stop Razor logging to the Postfix queue
directory.

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy