New to group Compilation problems on RHEL 3.0

James Marcinek jmarc1 at jemconsult.biz
Sat Sep 18 02:16:48 IST 2004

Hello Everyone,

First thanks for any help I'm about tho recieve. I've been reading the
documentation for this all day for integration into Postfix, Spamassassin and
clamav. I have configured all the proper files and installed via the rpm method.
However I get the following error when trying to start the service:

[root at srv01 BUILD]# service MailScanner start
Starting MailScanner daemons:
         incoming postfix:                                 [  OK  ]
         outgoing postfix:                                 [  OK  ]
         MailScanner:       Can't locate Archive/Zip.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/lib/MailScanner /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5
/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/sit
e_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linu
x-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/
lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 . /usr/lib/MailScan
ner) at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Message.pm line 46.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Message.pm
 line 46.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 52.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 52.
                                                           [  OK  ]

When a service MailScanner status is given, it is not running? Thank goodness
that my postfix is still running.

>From what I can tell it's the perl module Archive::Zip
(perl-Archive-Zip-1.13-1.src.rpm). The install.sh rpm didn't appear to work
during the build so I figured that I would do it from the src tarball (via the
make) which gave an error about the pod2man command (couldn't be found) but was
in /usr/bin. This confused me a bit as it was already included in the PATH
already??? The perl Makefile.PL worked fine but the Makefile didn't look so
good. when I tried to issue the make command I recieved errors. I looked at the
Makefile and found what looked like parts of lines, some lines containing a
single quote at the beginning or end of a statement (like a path statement),
etc. It appeared like syntax errors in the file but I don't know what's valid
and what's not. I looked on the archives and could not find anything that
specifically answers this.

Thanks,
james