spam getting through.

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
Wed Sep 15 17:15:15 IST 2004

> I ended up totally disabling RBLs in MailScanner and letting
> Spamassassin do it.  I just didn't like RBLs having that much
> authority.  That is, a hit in a RBL makes the message spam,
> period.  In SpamAssissin it just contributes to the score so
> a RBL hit isn't enough, by itself, to cause a rejection --
> yet, being in a RBL still means something.  But, different
> sites have different requirements so I understand people using RBLs
> in MS directly.

Of course. The problem is more acute with people who see RBLs as being this
"magical" solution and end up regretting it :)

>From our experience I can safely say that if I cut off a website the client
*may* complain, but they might not notice for hours or even days.
If I screw with their mail they'll be on the phone to us in 5 minutes.

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd
Hosting, co-location & domains
http://www.blacknight.ie/