spam getting through.

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
Wed Sep 15 16:33:34 IST 2004

> I am new to mailscanner, and SA.
>
> Anyway I have been playing with both, and have had some mail marked
> as spam. There is still alot getting through.
>
>> From what I can tell my spam.list.conf needs some changes.(I think I
>> need to
> add more url's for spam searches.   right now it looks like this
>
> ORDB-RBL                        relays.ordb.org.
> spamcop.net                     bl.spamcop.net.
> spamhaus.org                    sbl.spamhaus.org
>

> what are other good ones to add???

I think you have misunderstood how things work.

I would highly recommend you read either the manual or have a look through
the MAQ etc., You probably need to add in a few custom rulesets and SURBL
You DO NOT want to add lines in spam.list.conf as that won't have any direct
effect on your system's effectiveness and would only be of use if you were
blocking based on DNS lists - something I would dissuade you from doing.

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd
Hosting, co-location & domains
http://www.blacknight.ie/