spam getting through.

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
Wed Sep 15 16:35:59 IST 2004

> The spam.lists.conf file defines the mapping from "Spam List"
> name in MailScanner.conf to DNS domain name. The one you
> should definitely add to this list is
> SBL+XBL sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org
>
> and then in MailScanner.conf, use this:
> Spam List = ORDB-RBL SBL+XBL
> I would recommend not using spamcop.net for outright tagging,
> it has too many false positives. It works well in a
> well-balanced (e.g. default) SpamAssassin setup though.
Although I would agree about spamcop I would tend to disagree with the use
of SBL+XBL directly in MailScanner.conf

I ran a little test on one of our servers the other day for a laugh.

The test was totally random and not that scientific, but of the 20 odd
emails that had been scored on spamhaus I found that at least 2 of them
should not have been blocked outright

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd
Hosting, co-location & domains