Spam Quarantine report by user? (DONE!)

Michael R. Dilworth (E-mail) michael at dilworth.net
Tue Sep 14 19:59:54 IST 2004

        It's finished and semi tested (first live/auto run tonight).

        It is a modified version of the mailscanner perl script for
        logwatch.  It sends email each user with a summary of his/her
        messages placed in the quarantine, aka:

        Score:    8.064     id:i8E3gNTK012624
        From:     "fredda torres" <kellyeswade at mail.bulgaria.com>
        Subject:  Be Young Again

        If anyone would like it let me know and I will pass it on.
        (note I'll wait until tomorrow just to be sure it works)

        It's a bit of a hack, and definitely could use improvement,
        but it works...

        How it works:
                requirements: logwatch (later version with mailscanner included)
                                  linux 'date' aka date -d yesterday
                                  Mail::Mailer
                                  File::Find

                It Scans yesterdays quarantine generating a list of all
                messages and a list of users and there totals.

                From the current logwatch processing it creates a list of
                Message ID's and there scores and saves them in
                        /var/spool/mailscanner/quarantine/'date'/scores.log

                it then loops through each user and the messages creating
                an email message with the score/id/from/subject.

                Note it uses the current scores and loading the score file from
                yesterday to handle the four hours between midnight and 4am when
                cron runs.

        Michael...