SA 3 rc5 timeout pattern

Ron E. ree at THUNDERSTAR.NET
Tue Sep 14 20:22:52 IST 2004

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing anything similar -- I am running
Sa 3 rc 3/4/5 with the default MailScanner RBLs & Bayes.  A few times now
I have noticed a pattern of SA timeouts spaced about 5 minutes apart. The
oddity is how regular the pattern is.

I tried lengthening the SA timeout but that seemed to only slow down the
mail flow. In any case, the last time this happened a restart of
MailScanner seemed to break this timeout pattern. Last time I ran
MailScanner in debug mode I did not see any specific point of timeout.

Any ideas would be of interest.