mailscanner-mrtg explanations

Spicer, Kevin Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK
Fri Sep 10 16:08:43 IST 2004

Infected mail includes all those failing MailScanners content checks.  Please note that due to the fact that MSMRTG gets its figures from the maillog and the way MailScanner logs it is likely that some mails will trigger more than one test, thus showing twice on this graph.  (Its still useful for seeing relative volumes, which are probably more important anyway).

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicolas Viers - SCI [mailto:viers at UNILIM.FR]
Sent: 10 September 2004 10:14
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: mailscanner-mrtg explanations

                 Hello,
how could you explain to me the difference between  for example:
Current  Infected Mail          1491.0
and
Current  Viruses Detected       787.0
on mailscanner-mrtg graph
What is the real value of infected mails ?

Thanks a lot

Nicolas Viers               |  Service Commun Informatique
Mél: viers at unilim.fr        |  123, avenue Albert Thomas
                             |     87060 Limoges cedex
Tel: 05-55-45-77-09         |  Fax: 05-55-45-75-95
                   http://www.unilim.fr/sci

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000