Disable notification to recipients while sending notification to senders

Jeff Falgout JFalgout at CO.JEFFERSON.CO.US
Fri Sep 10 16:55:45 IST 2004

We're setting up an email archive system where users
forward mail they need to archive to an internal mail relay.
I'm trying to use MS to do the standard av scanning with
clam, file size/type/extension filtering, etc that MS does
so well. There is on hurdle I can't figure out:  I want to
notify the sender of a blocked email but not the recipient.
If I turn on Silent Viruses for all, nobody get's notified. If
I turn it off,  both the sender (with Notify Senders on) and
recipient are notified. In this case, notify recipient is a bad
thing because we don't want the notification to go into the
archives.

Am I missing something?

Suggestions?

Thanks