Enhancement request 'message too large'

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Fri Oct 29 00:23:40 IST 2004

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Kevin Spicer wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 09:32, Remco Barendse wrote:
>> For some reason our M$ Exchange server that it's time to silently drop
>> messages above approx. 3 Mb in size. The sender doesn't get any message
>> and the recipient gets nothing.
> Why not just set the same limit in sendmail, so that the sender at least
> gets a reject message.

MailScanner generates an error message too :)

I could use sendmail but most of the `oversized' messages we actually
want/need. It's just that Mr. Gates thought it would be useful not to fill
exchange with large messages.

When MailScanner gets them I can still get the message from quarantine (as
long as people do not start e-mailing the latest Knoppix DVD iso all
should be well)

But thanks for the tip!