Restrict Incoming Mail

Ken A ka at PACIFIC.NET
Fri Oct 29 00:58:48 IST 2004

Steve Swaney wrote:

... snip...

>>Second Method- Milter-Ahead:
>>
>>I tried testing this very quickly but couldn't get it to work with an
>>Exchange 2003 server on the back end, but the problem could have been that
>>since the mail was queued for MailScanner, milter-ahead  thought the user
>>was local. This is what the logs appeared to reflect.
>>
>>This is a very promising method of blocking email at the gateway. It is
>>dead
>>easy to install and configure.
>>
>>Does anyone have this working with MailScanner?

Nice milter. I had not seen this before. We use scripts that write the
access db on several MailScanner machines. I see milter-ahead caches
clear a specific cached entry? You'd want to clear a negative response
from the cache if you added a new user. I suppose you could just edit
the cache directly if file locking wasn't a problem?

Ken A
Pacific.Net