Update from 4.28.5-2

David Lee t.d.lee at DURHAM.AC.UK
Tue Oct 26 16:52:46 IST 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Julian Field wrote:

> On 26/10/04 12:41 pm, "Daniel Gercke" <gercke at HNM.DE> wrote:
>
> > <x-flowed>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > i want to update from 4.28.5-2 to the current stable release. Are there
> > any hints that i musst know to update without runnings into Problems?
> > I´m using PRM Version.
>
> I would advise you wait for the 1st November 4.35 stable release. 4.34 was a
> bit bumpy...

Julian:  Also, I recall that the recent weeks have seen many changes and
interaction issues with other software.  From memory, I recall:
   SA 3.0 code
   SA 3.0 rulesets
   clamav 0.80 release
   perl modules (MS v. rpm v. CPAN)
   (and probably others)

Are all these products still independent across their versions?  Or does
upgrading to the latest version of product X (MS, SA, clamav, ...)
_require_ upgrading another product Y (same set ...)?

When you do the 4.35 stable release, it might be helpful to outline any
known inter-relationship lock-step issues.

Thanks.

:  Senior Systems Programmer                Computer Centre       :