mailscanner strange problem

Tue Oct 26 10:04:42 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Vladimir

quite a jump...

anyway what O/S. MTA etc.

what does mailscanner -v give you, so we can check the versions of perl
modules.

Are you using SA? If you are what version?

Are you using any anti-virus, if so which on and wnat version.

Have you tried putting MS into debug mode and running check mailscanner
to see if you can spot where it's doing odd things?

have you looked in the log files to see if there's anything
'interesting' there?

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Vladimir Nikolic wrote:
> Hi!
>
> After upgrade to 4.34.8 (from 4.21.9) mailscanner doesn't work right.
> Trouble is that mailscanner child processes are creating their own child
> processes which then run without control and by the time take all
> resources.
> I've tried wiht downgrade to 4.21.9 but it didn't help. Mailscanner acts
>  the same.
>
> Regards,
> Vlado

the system manager.