custom anti-phishing message?

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Mon Nov 29 18:18:08 GMT 2004

Julian,

I'll just throw this out, feel free to say no...  The pointy-haired boss
has wanted to have our own custom anti-phishing warning, instead of the
MailScanner default (he wanted a whole paragraph there with a URL to our
own site explaining phishing etc, way too long -- I told him no, it was
hardwired).  But the pointy-haired boss DID thing that the warning was cool,
instead of telling me to turn the feature off.

Others want the thing shorter, eg "Fraud attempt from abc.com as xyz.com".
Aaaargh.

And I sure wish the msgid was in the phishing syslog, grumble, grumble.
Maybe in the next design of this feature?

Jeff Earickson
Colby College