Mail delivery?

Mark Pottage Mark.Pottage at SELECTION.CO.UK
Tue Nov 23 11:56:23 GMT 2004

Can someone tell me how sendmail decides how to send mail?

we have a mailertable with entries for domains pointing to example:

abc.com                      esmtp[x.x.x.x]

Should this be used to decide where to send the mail?

We think our system is using DNS to decide how to route the mail out.  We
don't want to use DNS for one domain.

Does the resolv.conf file hold the entries for DNS used by the server OS
or for SendMail?
Is there another file used for DNS configuration of SendMail?

Can anyone help?

many thanks

Mark Pottage
Systems Administrator
Tel:       0870 411 7914
Mobile:  07740 578 647
Fax:       0870 163 9001
mark.pottage at selection.co.uk

dangerous content by Selection Services MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.. ------------------------ MailScanner list