'DoD detected!' prohibits mailprocessing

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Nov 19 10:11:16 GMT 2004

Start by running the virus scanner by hand. Why has it suddenly started
doing this? Are there any particular messages in the incoming queue which
have been sitting there for a long time? You may have hit some problem with
the virus scanner.

To help you more, we are going to need a whole lot more information...

Once you get this sorted, if you have a large incoming queue then
MailScanner will automatically switch into "emergency queue-clearing mode"
which stops it doing loads of directory traversals and should clear the
backlog quite happily.

--
Julian Field