{Scanned} bitdefender doesn't update

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Nov 12 13:48:39 GMT 2004

I have just checked on my own system, and the /opt/bdc/Plugins/update.txt
says
# cat update.txt
Update time: Fri Nov 12 11:07:51 2004
Signature number: 94254
Update time GMT: 1100243271
Version: 7.00280

So the updates are happening okay. And I'm running the same autoupdate
script that I distribute to you all.

On 12/11/04 1:33 pm, "Julian Field" <mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> Can other people confirm this please? I didn't write the original script and
> it's horribly complicated, and the comments are all in Italian :-(
>

> On 12/11/04 12:56 pm, "Christian Kowarzik" <ckowarzik at EMAIL.DE> wrote:
>
>> Koen Teugels wrote:
>>> I don't think the bitdefender updates. Plugins dates stay at the time of
>>> install. And when i do an bdc --update there are changes.
>>
>> In the script /usr/lib/MailScanner/bitdefender-autoupdate it's function
>> countViruses($file) is
>> missing the input file and then it dies rather than logging the error and
>> then
>> continuing.
>>
>> I found out, that the commands which should create the input files for
>> countViruses($file) are
>> out-commented:
>> #JKF system  "$bitDCmd > $origFile ";
>> #JKF system  "$bitDCmd > $destFile ";
>>
>> I removed the '#JKF ' at the beginning of these two lines and everything is
>> working fine...
>>
>> My configuration:
>> RedHat Enterprise Linux ES 3
>> perl-5.8.0-88.7