{Scanned} Re: {Scanned} Re: ProcessClamAVOutput: unrecognised line ... contact the authors

Koen Teugels kte at NEXIS.BE
Fri Nov 12 13:46:20 GMT 2004

Just did some more testing. And I don't think it is the virus scanner.
Because I tried another one and the virus still passes. So i think it
must be the unzip / tar that has a problem. all tgz have this problem.

Koen

Koen Teugels wrote:
      Could it be that mailscanner has problems with .tgz
      extensions??

      just test the copfilter-0.0.95.tgz with bitdefender only and
      he lets the
      eicar virus pass. When I put the virus direct or in a simple
      zip files
      he doesn't pass.
      But the copfilter-0.0.95.tgz virusscan gives as output in
      maillog
      viruses found. But doesn't do anything with it.

      thanks Koen

      Julian Field wrote:

            Please upgrade your clamav to the latest CVS
            version available from
            www.clamav.net and try the test again.

            Koen Teugels wrote:

                  Virus Scanners = clamav bitdefender
                  clamav is at version 0.80.1 and
                  bitdefender
                  BitDefender-Console-Antivirus-7.0.1-3.linux-gcc3x.i586.rpm
                  Bt they let pass the attachment
                  copfilter-0.0.95.tgz with the eicar
                  test
                  virus in it with status clean.
                  I use a  RHEL clone with the latest
                  yum updates.
                  version
                  MailScanner-4.35.11-1.rpm.tar.gz with
                  spamassassin 3.0.1 and
                  plugins DCC, razor and ...
                  Just a standard install no custom
                  rules yet.

                  Thanks Koen

      Before posting, read the MAQ
      (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/) and
      the archives
      (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).

      Before posting, read the MAQ
      (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/) and
      the archives
      (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).

      Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the
      website!

--
                                  Koen Teugels
                                n.v. NEXIS s.a.