stuck with a real problem...

Dene Ulmschneider dene at DATATECHIE.COM
Sat May 29 19:27:02 IST 2004

OK, I will try to explain this the best I can:

-We use a cable modem and get a DHCP IP address from the ISP.
-We use dynamic DNS to deal with the DHCP address.
-We have to deal with ISPs like AOL denying SMTP traffic from dynamic IP
addresses (this is why we used the smart host to send all of our mail
through the ISP mail server)
-We host about a dozen domains.
-About 4 of them are ours and 1 of those 4 is our main corporate domain.
-We currently have ALL emails being processed (scanned by and delivered to)
our RHL9 server running MS + SA + sendmail.
-We also have a Windows SBS2003 server setup as our ADC and would like to
change our setup to have the RHL9 server scan mail for our main domain and
then forward it to the internal IP of our SBS2k3 server running Exchange.
-We would also like to offer, to our customers, the ability to have us scan
their emails and then forward to their mail servers. (this is not needed
right now)

It seems that whenever I set the mailertable remake the mailertable.db - all
of our mail gets sent back out to the net and ends up eventually timing out
due to "too many hops" (hop count is 30)

I set the mailertable entry so it ignores MX - Is that correct?

This is becoming a huge pain in the rear and now has me in the office on a
gorgeous Saturday on  Memorial day weekend - so I am not too happy right now
that this thing is not working and ANY help that you (or anyone else) could
offer would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

Dene