Second Server

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Tue May 25 10:56:47 IST 2004

On Tuesday, May 25, 2004 11:28 AM Mike Norton <mailto:mike.norton at JOBSITE.CO.UK> wrote:

> I will have to forward any mail to be delivered to a pop mail
> box to one of the servers, therefore putting a dependancy on
> one of the machines always being up, is there anyway I can
> aggregate the mail from both of the servers, e.g. some kind
> of aggregation of pop mailboxes connecting locally and to a
> remote mailbox at the same time ?

Naturally the mail will have to be stored on one system. Of course you could fool around with high-availability solutions, high-end shared storage etc. But if you want to stay low-cost you will have to deliver the mail to one system with a POP-Server and fetch the mail off there. This system can be one of the Mxe (using local delivery) or any other box (using either MX or mailertable)

Regards

Jan-Peter Koopmann
Dipl.-Wirtschaftsinformatiker
Geschäftsführer / COO