Second Server

Mike Norton mike.norton at JOBSITE.CO.UK
Tue May 25 10:28:03 IST 2004

> I fail to see the problem. You pop mail will not reside on both servers
> I suppose but only on one server. Since MUAs should not use MX entries
> for POP requests you do not have a problem. You will probably assign an
> A record to the POP server and put that name in the MUA.

I will have to forward any mail to be delivered to a pop mail box to one of the servers, therefore putting a dependancy on one of the machines always being up, is there anyway I can aggregate the mail from both of the servers, e.g. some kind of aggregation of pop mailboxes connecting locally and to a remote mailbox at the same time ?

Regards

Mike

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk