Warning, ms2cgp/cgp2ms

John Rudd jrudd at UCSC.EDU
Sat May 22 01:52:35 IST 2004

I'm not yet sure if this is a problem with our local mailscanner
version, mailscanner configuration, or the mailscanner/communigate-pro
scripts I wrote, but I am getting reports that for the last 2 days we've
had messages disappearing (ones that couldn't be related to silently
deleting viruses, because they were plain text messages, etc.).

I'm also unsure whether it is related to the latest versions of my
scripts, because until then we were only scanning on the CGP systems if
the message didn't bear the marks of having been scanned on the
front-end sendmail based systems, but with the new scripts I also
updated the scanner rule such that it was scanning many more messages.
So it may be that we only noticed it now because there were more
messages that were disappearing.

I'm still looking in to it, but until then you might want to consider
running MailScanner on a front-line machine instead of on your
CommuniGate Pro systems.  I'm sorry for any inconvenience this is most
likely causing anyone/everyone.  I will give more updates when I know
more.

Further, if you have seen something similar, please let me know.

John

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk