postfix queues problem? SOLVED

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun May 23 17:39:32 IST 2004

At 17:11 23/05/2004, you wrote:
>Hi
>
> > Julian also found that it appears that Wietse (who wrote Postfix) has
> > added a sample mail filter setup at the end of the master.cf file, so
> > that the installation instructions are not complete any more. He had to
> > comment out the filter from /etc/postfix.in/master.cf before he could
> > get the incoming and outgoing Postfix processes to start.
>
>could you elaborate pls?

There was a large section at the end of master.cf which listed a load of
lines relevant to port 10026. I commented out this whole section from the
one in /etc/postfix.in and left it alone in /etc/postfix.

This is actually another reason why the single-instance method of using
postfix is better. You need a header_checks file but you only need 1 copy
of Postfix to do it. Search the list archive for header_checks and you
should find it.

http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=ind0403&L=mailscanner&P=R109473&I=-1

If you work it all out, please can you document it in the FAQ for me?

I think it goes like this:
In your /etc/postfix/main.cf put this line:
header_checks = pcre;/etc/postfix/header_checks

and then in /etc/postfix/header_checks you put this:
/^Received/ HOLD

Then you set
Incoming Queue Dir = /var/spool/postfix/hold
Outgoing Queue Dir = /var/spool/postfix/incoming
in MailScanner.conf.

That's it I think. That seems to agree with the web page above. Please put
it in the FAQ.
I might well change the main documentation as well, as this method seems to
have quite a few advantages, of which this is one.
--
Julian Field

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk