SpamAssassin installation could not be found

Michael St. Laurent mikes at HARTWELLCORP.COM
Thu May 20 17:34:37 IST 2004

Max Pyziur <mailto:pyz at BRAMA.COM> wrote:
> Turns out that the problem was a configuration after all; the
> SpamAssassin Install Prefix needed to be set to /usr.
>
> In looking through SA.pm, the line reading:
> $val = MailScanner::Config::Value('spamassassininstallprefix')
> determines Spamassassin's installation prefix.  And that gets read
> from /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf
>
> As for the suggestion to use source vs SRPMS, there's no difference
> in using the two as to where spamassassin's binaries and modules get
> installed.

I agree with you.  I use the SRPMs to rebuild and install the RPMs as well
and they work just fine.  Unfortunately it's been long enough now since I
installed that I had forgotten about that setting.  Sorry I wasn't able to
help.

--
Michael St. Laurent
Hartwell Corporation