Multiple spamassassin user prefs

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu May 20 17:23:02 IST 2004

At 16:50 20/05/2004, you wrote:
>Each user on our system has thier own user pref file for spamassassin. It
>is located at ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs
>
>This way they can control thier own white and black lists and settings. Is
>there some way I can integrate that with Mailscanner or do I have to run
>each message through spamassassin twice? Once through .procmail and once
>through Spamassassin.

There is support for personal white and black lists in CustomConfig.pm. It
is fairly well commented, loads of people have used it so you should be
able to get help here if you run into any problems.

The other useful SA settings can be controller per-user by using rulesets
for the values of the SA-related configuration options from within
MailScanner.conf. Read the "Most Asked Questions" to find out about
rulesets. URL is below.
--
Julian Field

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk