Bayes DB Corruption Problem

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Sat May 15 15:58:27 IST 2004

Gib Gilbertson Jr. wrote:
>> Sorry for going OT but didn't you have a problem bayes_auto_expire? It's
>> still on if I remember correctly.
>
> Hi. Yes I've had an ongoing problem with the bayes db getting corrupted
> every 2 to 3 days.

Yes, but weren't you the one who had a problem during linting which said
"bayes_auto_expire 0" was ignored? If so, that's the cause of your
problem. I forgot to set it on one of my systems and had a lot of
problems, when I set it they went away. You should focus on why the
setting is rejected. By default SA tries to expire tokens itself and it
just doesn't work.

Ignore my rant if this was not your problem, I just remember having this
discussion with someone. :-)

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.29.7,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.45, ClamAV 0.70 + GMP 4.1.2, Vispan 1.4

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk