Messages not scanned

Rafael Angarita rangarita at TELCEL.NET.VE
Fri May 14 22:57:06 IST 2004

    Hi,

    We are running MailScanner + Spamassassin + Sendmail and we are
having a low rate of  detected spam (about 10% of our total incoming
mails),  when we check the delivered emails we can see that a lot of
them are not marked with the MailScanner headers indicating that they
are not being "analyzed" by MailScanner.
    We don't know  why the MailScanner is not processing all the mails
and we are trying to figure out how to increase the total scanned messages

    The servers load is always less than 1%, the idle time is over 50%,
so we are not haevy loaded we can scan more messages.

    Our MailScanner and SpamAsssin config is the default configuration

    The environment is:
    - OS:  Solaris 9
    - sendmail 8.12.11
    - MailScanner 4.26.8
    - SpamAsssin  2.63

    Does anybody could give me a suggestions to increae our total
scanned messages?

    Thanks in advance,

--

Rafael Angarita