MailScanner Manual is now available

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at FSL.COM
Fri May 7 15:16:02 IST 2004

I'm trying not to duplicate information that is or should be in the MAQ (I
don't want to put Ugo out of a job ;). I do plan on adding a few more
references to the MAQ where appropriate.

> So the "perfect" mailscanner will/might be:
> Install Redhat (or OS)
> Install MailScanner
> Install spamassassing
>         Use bayes and do this and this and this for best results
>         Use these filters from here http://xxxx.xxx.xxx.com Install virus
> protection
>         Use this one, its free
>         Use maybe this one too as It catches more virues and updates
> more    often
> Install one of the monitoring tools, mailwatch, vispan.
> Install eiterh DCC, Razor, Pyzor.

A lot of people on the list would argue about the Red Hat being "perfect"
:). I will add information on the other supported operating systems as soon
as I get a few volunteers to do the basic write-ups. Already have an offer
for the FreeBSD installation and configuration. Anyone want to take Solaris
or TRU64?

The suggestion to include the steps you list above is a good one and I'll
work it into a future revision. Right now I'm so busy fixing all my many
typos I can't think about additions. Many thanks to all those who submitted
typos and corrections!

> I know that is a little redundant but Its straight to the point and would
> help people like me

Steve

Stephen Swaney
President