MailScanner Manual is now available

David Lee t.d.lee at DURHAM.AC.UK
Fri May 7 15:35:34 IST 2004

On Fri, 7 May 2004, Stephen Swaney wrote:

> [...]
> A lot of people on the list would argue about the Red Hat being "perfect"
> :). I will add information on the other supported operating systems as soon
> as I get a few volunteers to do the basic write-ups. Already have an offer
> for the FreeBSD installation and configuration. Anyone want to take Solaris
> or TRU64?

In recent months, I have been trying to persuade Julian to adopt some work
I've been doing that generalises "install.sh" to non-Redhat environments.
(Here we use a mixture of Redhat and Solaris, and the "install.sh" makes
Redhat vastly easier to maintain.  If only we could have it for others!)

So if Julian can adopt these patches, it would probably make a significant
difference to (and would keep simple) that part of your manual.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk