MailScanner Manual is now available

David Lee t.d.lee at DURHAM.AC.UK
Fri May 7 15:29:50 IST 2004

On Thu, 6 May 2004, Julian Field wrote:

> At 18:05 06/05/2004, you wrote:
> >One thing I haven't got around to finish is a "cookbook" type doc that
> >would have things like:
> >
> >perl -MCPAN -e shell
> >install Net::CIDR
> >install ...
> >
> >Bla bla blah...
> >
> >service MailScanner start && tail -f /var/log/maillog
>
> If you have the "service" command, then you are on RedHat and therefore
> don't need to install the perl modules by hand. install.sh does all that
> for you.

Julian:  How is progress with porting "install.sh" to other environments?
I believe it would be a helpful addition to non-Redhat sites.

In February I sent you a demonstration variant of "install.sh"; I'm happy
to continue work on this if you wish, but it would be nice to know whether
you would consider it.

Is there any reason to deny non-Redhat users the benefits and fail-safe
aspects of "install.sh"?

Best wishes.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk