RBL checking

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Tue May 4 22:53:17 IST 2004

Jason Williams wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, I have setup a couple of RBL checks to be done by
> sendmail. The three I use are:

In your case with a low volume server with no load at all I think it's a
big risk to use RBLs in Sendmail. You should have them in SA instead for
more accurate results. Only with a higher load you need to cut spam
earlier in the process.

> Also, I'm working on a script of some sort (command even) that will parse
> my logs and be able to sort out some statistics to see the stats on how
> many rejections each specific RBL is doing...

Weren't you looking into Vispan? It sorts all SA traps, including RBLs.
Spamcop and SBL-XBL are my two best ones.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.29.7,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.45, ClamAV 0.70 + GMP 4.1.2, Vispan 1.4

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk