RBL checking

Jason Williams jwilliams at COURTESYMORTGAGE.COM
Tue May 4 22:08:00 IST 2004

Well im back...

Just out of curiosity, I have setup a couple of RBL checks to be done by
sendmail. The three I use are:

list.dsbl.org
sbl.spamhaus.org
relays.ordb.org

What I was curious about is that I have seen quite a few rejections by
spamhaus.org.

mail# grep Rejected /var/log/maillog |wc -l
      157

Just wanted to see what people thought about the various RBL's. Which ones
are good, which are bad etc.

Also, I'm working on a script of some sort (command even) that will parse
my logs and be able to sort out some statistics to see the stats on how
many rejections each specific RBL is doing...

Be nice to get a print out of some sort to see a nice break down...

I apprecate the feedback. Can't say enough about MS as well.

Cheers,

Jason

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk