Problems with updating

Erik Jakobsen eja at urbakken.dk
Sun May 2 14:59:00 IST 2004

On Sunday 02 May 2004 13:28, shrek-m at gmx.de wrote:
> Erik Jakobsen wrote:
> >I have updated to the last new stable MailScanner, but have
> > problems with the upgrade_MaiScanner_conf.
> >
> >I do this:
> >
> >cd /etc/MailScanner
> >upgrade_MailScanner_conf MailScanner.conf MailScanner.conf.rpmnew
> > > MailScanner.new
> >[...]
> >It seems to me, that the MailScanner.conf MailScanner.conf.rpmnew
> > is not there.
> >
> >What might be wrong ?.
> >

> >Yes, I ran the initrd.sh to install the new MailScanner.
>
> ./install.sh  ??

Of course. Thank you :-)

> afaik,
> if you upgrade from eg. 4.30.x-1 to 4.30.3-1
> mailscanner will not create a .rpmnew if nothing was changed in the
> conf-file

Ok.

> i have done an update from 4.29.7-1 to 4.30.3-1, i have an .rpmnew

Good.

> $ rpm -q mailscanner
> mailscanner-4.29.7-1
> # ls *.rpmnew
> ls: *.rpmnew: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
>

> ./install.sh  as root
> [...]
>

> # rpm -q mailscanner
> mailscanner-4.30.3-1
> # ls *.rpmnew
> MailScanner.conf.rpmnew

Thank you for your kindly reply shrek-m, and for your good
explanation.

> --
> shrek-m

Med venlig hilsen - Best regards.
Erik Jakobsen - eja at urbakken.dk.
Licensed radioamateur with the callsign OZ4KK.
SuSE Linux 9.0 Proff.
Registered as user #319488 with the Linux Counter,
http://counter.li.org.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk