Problems with updating

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at GMX.DE
Sun May 2 12:28:33 IST 2004

Erik Jakobsen wrote:

>I have updated to the last new stable MailScanner, but have problems
>with the upgrade_MaiScanner_conf.
>
>I do this:
>
>cd /etc/MailScanner
>upgrade_MailScanner_conf MailScanner.conf MailScanner.conf.rpmnew >
>MailScanner.new
>[...]
>It seems to me, that the MailScanner.conf MailScanner.conf.rpmnew is
>not there.
>
>What might be wrong ?.
>

>Yes, I ran the initrd.sh to install the new MailScanner.

./install.sh  ??

afaik,
if you upgrade from eg. 4.30.x-1 to 4.30.3-1
mailscanner will not create a .rpmnew if nothing was changed in the
conf-file

i have done an update from 4.29.7-1 to 4.30.3-1, i have an .rpmnew

$ rpm -q mailscanner
mailscanner-4.29.7-1
# ls *.rpmnew
ls: *.rpmnew: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

./install.sh  as root
[...]

# rpm -q mailscanner
mailscanner-4.30.3-1