"prioritize" traffic with MailScanner?

Ron E. ree at THUNDERSTAR.NET
Wed Mar 31 22:49:41 IST 2004

Dear All,

I'm wondering if someone already knows how to do this or has thought of
it. I have run into a situation where occasionally I'll have a user that
sends out of a lot of mail such as a newsletter to a bunch of subscribers
or some such. Bounces inevitably occur after such a mailing and
MailScanner inevitably gets backlogged.

My idea for this is some type of ruleset where mail inbound for a certain
list of addresses gets "low priority" and as such is put aside in favor of
all the other traffic until the server is not as busy.

Would be interested in any thoughts on how to do this.

Regards,

Ron