Bayes Auto Learning Threshold Not Working

Desai, Jason jase at SENSIS.COM
Wed Mar 31 22:13:34 IST 2004

I really like how MailScanner can let you know if a message has been auto
learned or not by SpamAssassin.  But for me, it seems like only Spams with a
score greater than 15 get auto learned.  I have put

bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam 10.0

in my spam.assassin.prefs.conf file (previously had
auto_learn_threshold_spam 10.0), but it still seems that only spams greater
than 15 are being auto learned.  I believe that the SA default for this
value is 12.0.  I understand that the scoring for auto learning may be
different than the scoring for spam.  But it just seems too coincidental
that only spams scoring 15 or more are auto learned.  15 also happens to be
my high scoring spam score.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Jason Desai
Network Administrator
Sensis Corporation
jase at sensis.com