Mailscanner plus SpamAssassin and CRM114

Mon Mar 29 14:01:53 IST 2004

<snip>
> I have recently discovered CRM114 (crm114.sourceforge.net) which
> claims and does produce very accurate results.  Using the distributed
> learnt files, it was almost 100% accurate.
>
> Obviously I would like to integrate this into my Mailscanner setup.
> I can potentially do it by adding a stage before MS but I was
> wondering if there might be a better way?  Unfortunately I cannot
> find one as I can find no way to make MS or SA call a program to
> check for spam.  Before I try to add such a mechanism, I thought I
> would ask here to see if anyone else could think of a route.
>
> Regards.
> Simon.

Simon

>From what I remember of conversations on the Spamassassin Users email list
about a month ago, they are looking into this kind of thing. They are
rejigging all the API'S and will provide a 'plugin' facility for version
3.0 which should be out sometime soon.

Also worth searching the sa-users email list to look for this as I seem to
remember someone implementing this scheme for SA already..again I think it
was about 1 month ago.

As for the effectivenes of SA, you need to add additional rules from
Chris's Rules Emporiam (see SA web site for links) and keep a tag on
things like the forged Haebus header problem. There was a discussion a
couple of weeks ago on this as to the additional rules people deploy on
their servers.

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator